The Attitude Foundation is committed to providing a website which is available to the widest possible audience. We are continuously seeking to improve the experience of our site for all users, regardless of disability or the devices they use.
This website has been designed to conform to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 ‘AA’ level. Compliance with this standard has been achieved through practical implementation during development, user testing and ongoing maintenance.
All new content is compliant and this website has regularly scheduled accessibility checks to ensure continued WCAG 2.0 compliance.
However, please note that a large amount of content has been transferred over from our previous website which operated on a different system. While this content has undergone checks, due to its size and our limited resources as a not-for-profit organisation, some content may not be fully compliant.
Ensuring access for all users is important to the Attitude Foundation, so please contact us if you have any difficulties using this site or to give us feedback.
Sometimes our content includes embedded media such as videos or slideshows or links to external media on other websites. The accessibility of these media cannot be guaranteed, however an accessible alternative is always made available where possible.
Using this website
Adjusting the text size
You can make the text size on this website larger or smaller using the following keyboard commands:
- Hold down the CTRL key (Microsoft Windows) or the ‘Apple’ key (Mac OS X) on your keyboard
- Use the + or – key, or scroll with your mouse wheel to make text bigger or smaller
- Keep repeating step 2 until the text is at a suitable size
This website allows full tab-based navigation. The website has a main menu of menu items (e.g. Television, DVD, Education, About) and each of these menu items has its own sub menu.
- When you are on a menu item or link pressing enter will take you to that page
- Pressing enter on a main menu item will take you to that section, which will have its own sub menu
- Pressing enter on a sub menu item take you to that page and will also expand any subsections below
- Holding down ‘shift’ as you tab will take you through the tab cycle in reverse order
Other navigation aids
- ‘Skip to’ links are available to navigate through pages and sections on the website.
- You can ‘Skip to Content’, ‘Skip to Main Menu’, ‘Skip to Submenu’ and ‘Skip to Search.’
- The ‘Skip to Submenu’ can be used to navigate to the individual menu of a section (e.g. television)
Note that Skip-tos are invisible on the site but they can be tabbed to.
Breadcrumbs are included on the site. These are a series of links that show you your trail back to the home page from the section you are in.
You can search our website using basic search or advanced search.
This website includes proper use of headings that can be navigated through depending on the navigation settings of your screen reader.
Whenever possible, links have been written meaningfully to make sense when read out of context, such as by a screen reader.
Images and graphics
All images and graphics include descriptive “alt” attributes (alt text).